NO!SPEC Crusade Launches
The NO!SPEC crusade launched this week with a NO!SPEC Blog.
Say No! to speculative work.
In an effort to educate Visual Communication Designers and those who use their services, on the damaging effects caused by spec work and spec-based design contests, a group of designers from all over the globe banned together, fueled by passion and a lot of caffeine, to bring NO!SPEC to the public.
With legitimate design opportunities turning into calls for spec work at an alarming rate, it is our goal to arm designers with the tools they need to take a stand against this trend, as well as provide businesses with resources and information on why spec work harms our industry, and alternative solutions to their design needs that do not involve working on spec.
NO!SPEC encourage those who are like-minded to support this effort by placing a post a NO!SPEC logo on your site, distributing the Print out our NO!SPEC poster created by top Illustrator Von Glitschka from Glitschka Studios, as well as contributing your thoughts, comments, articles and insights.
It’s time to take a stand! And with the international support of NO!SPEC, we ask that you please join us in promoting professional, ethical business practices by saying NO! to spec.*
What can you do• Voice your ethics and post a NO!SPEC logo and link on your website or blog.
• Send protest letters to unethical contests.
• Print out our NO!SPEC poster to distribute to design schools.
• Contact Design schools about the NO!SPEC crusade.
• Contact Design Organizations about the NO!SPEC crusade.
• Sign the petition.
• Participate in the NO!SPEC “Have your say” open dialog.
• Contribute to NO!SPEC Surveys.
• Educators - Spread the word, NO!SPEC.
• Students - Practice Safe Ethics.
• Donate your NO!SPEC ideas.
• Translate the contents of this site into your native language.
For more information, please visit www.no-spec.com
*Text taken from the NO!SPEC web site.